Mosaic Picture Frame Workshop
Make your own bespoke mosaic picture frame!
In this workshop each attendee will have the opportunity to create a one of a kind bespoke mosaic picture frame. The design of the picture frame will be handcrafted by the attendee with the help and guidance of an Arts on the Block instructor and assistant. With hands-on help you'll sketch out a design, learn basic glass-cutting and puzzling techniques, and get to work on your personal mosaic picture Frame. Attendees will choose their tiles from Arts on the Block tile library that consists of almost every color tile under the sun.
Attendees will be given a To-Go grouting kit that includes everything you need to grout your mosaic picture frame at home. It is important to note that you want to allow the adhesive 24 hours to cure before grouting so attendees should wait until the next day to grout their projects. Light snacks and refreshments will be served to fuel your creativity!
The registration fee for this workshop is $50 and admits one attendee.
What we’ll provide:
- Water, Seltzer and Soda - Drinks are on us while you’re here
- Mosaic Tiles and Tools - Everything you’ll need to make and take a mosaic project
- Little Nibbles - Light snacks for creative fuel
What guests should bring:
- If you have an idea, image or drawing already, bring it for inspiration.
- Please wear closed-toed shoes. Dress casually, with layers to adjust to your comfort.
- A friend or relative, the more the merrier! Our Mosaic Picture Frame Workshop is recommended for ages 8 and up.
- We'd love to take a few pics of you working on your piece for our social media promotions! Let us know if you'd rather not have your image shared on our platforms.
*Remember, AOB has a mask-optional policy while in our studio.
Parking: Wayne Avenue Garage (across the street from Arts on the block, very short 2 minute walk)
Workshops Cancellation Policy
Arts on the Block Workshop Refund Policy is as follows:
- Cancellations made 7 days or more in advance of the workshop date, will receive a 100% refund.
- Cancellations made within 0–6 days of the workshop will become exchangeable for credit to be used at a future workshop. I understand that I am holding a spot so reservations for this event are nonrefundable.
Reach out to Kelsey Joyce at Kjoyce@artsontheblock.com if you need to cancel, would like to receive credit for a future workshop, or need to request a refund. Once a refund has been issued it can take 7 business days for the credit to show up on your original form of payment and you will receive an email notification informing you that your refund has been processed.