Make Your Own Mosaic Jewelry
Create your own bespoke mosaic jewelry!
In this workshop each attendee will have the opportunity to create one bespoke mosaic necklace and one pair of mosaic earrings. Each piece of jewelry will be handcrafted by the attendee with the help and guidance of an Arts on the Block instructor and assistant. With hands-on help you'll sketch out a design, learn basic glass-cutting and puzzling techniques, and get to work on your personal mosaic jewelry. Attendees will choose their tiles from Arts on the Block tile library that consists of almost every color tile under the sun.
The Make Your Own Mosaic Jewelry Workshop offers two options for sealing your mosaic project, grout or epoxy resin. Grouting your mosaic jewelry is a great option to add more color to your piece and can emphasize the beauty of your mosaic by choosing a complementary grout color. If an attendee wants a mosaic piece that has a beautiful shine to it we recommend sealing your mosaic jewelry with epoxy resin because the epoxy creates a clear protective layer around the mosaic tiles that enhance its beauty.
Attendees who choose to seal their mosaic jewelry with Resin will be able to do so at the workshop but then must leave their jewelry at Arts on the Block so the epoxy resin can cure for 48 hours. Attendees can come pick up their mosaic jewelry the next week during Arts on the Block operating hours which are Monday-Friday from 10AM-4 PM. Attendees who choose to seal their mosaic jewelry with grout will be given a To-Go grout goodie bag that will include everything they need to grout their mosaic jewelry at home. It is important to note that you want to allow the adhesive 24 hours to cure before grouting so attendees should wait until the next day to grout their projects.
For attendees who are visiting the area and wouldn’t be able to pick up their mosaic jewelry the following week we recommend opting to choose grout as your sealant.
Light snacks and refreshments will be served to fuel your creativity!
What we’ll provide:
- Water, Seltzer and Soda - Drinks are on us while you’re here
- Mosaic Tiles and Tools - Everything you’ll need to make and take a mosaic project
- Little Nibbles - Light snacks for creative fuel
What guests should bring:
- If you have an idea, image or drawing already, bring it for inspiration.
- Please wear closed-toed shoes. Dress casually, with layers to adjust to your comfort.
- We'd love to take a few pics of you working on your piece for our social media promotions. Let us know if you'd rather not have your image shared on our platforms.
- Remember, AOB has a Mask-Optional policy while in our studio.
Workshops Cancellation Policy
Arts on the Block Workshop Refund Policy is as follows:
- Cancellations made 7 days or more in advance of the workshop date, will receive a 100% refund.
- Cancellations made within 0 - 6 days of the workshop will become exchangeable for credit to be used at a future workshop. I understand that I am holding a spot so reservations for this event are nonrefundable.
- Reach out to Kelsey Joyce at Kjoyce@artsontheblock.com if you need to cancel, would like to receive credit for a future workshop, or need to request a refund. Once a refund has been issued it can take 7 business days for the credit to show up on your original form of payment and you will receive an email notification informing you that your refund has been processed.